Trust and Estate
When families experience loss of a loved one, dealing with the complexities of tax law can cause additional stress. We seek to reduce that stress.
As part of our tax practice, we prepare trust and estate income tax returns, as well as estate and gift tax returns. Our fiduciary clients (trustees, executors, personal representatives) appreciate our understanding of the tax laws and trust administration process, as we are able to help them reduce taxes through the use of distribution timing and related trust tax elections. We bring our years of experience with trusts and estates, along with a wealth of resources from local legal and trust professionals, to help our clients understand and manage the trust and estate administration process.
Our trust and estate services include:
- Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
- Form 541 (California) and other State Fiduciary Income Tax returns
- Estimated Tax Calculations
- Year-End Distribution Planning to Reduce Taxes
- Form 5227, Split Interest Information Return for Charitable Trusts
- Form 706, U.S. Estate Tax Return
- Form 709, U.S. Gift Tax Return
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Trust Accounting Reports